As part of the Cape York Region Package Stage 2 (CYRP) and the delivery of the Peninsula Developmental Road (PDR) projects, the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) is offering six scholarships in 2021 to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people, with a traditional or historical connection to country around the Peninsula Developmental Road.
High School Scholarships:
Four Scholarships are available for students completing Year 10 in 2021.
Scholarship holders will receive $2250 to spend on education expenses:
- $750 for Year 10 expenses
- $750 for Year 11 expenses
- $750 for Year 12 expenses *conditions apply
- Two Scholarships are available for students continuing or commencing tertiary studies in 2021.
- Scholarship holders will receive $10,000 per year for up to four years, while studying full time.
- Scholarship funds cover tertiary fees and education expenses.
- Eligible qualifications include Advanced Diploma, Associate Degree, Bachelor Degree, Bachelor (Honours) Degree, Graduate Certificate, or Graduate Diploma.
- Any field with a connection to Transport and Main Roads’ core business is eligible (for example, but not limited to, construction management, engineering, cultural heritage, town planning, environmental management, communications, accounting or finance).
- Students must be Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander student, with a traditional or historical connection to country around the Peninsula Developmental Road, Cape York Peninsula
- Be studying an eligible tertiary qualification full time in 2021
- Follow is a guide regarding locations for connection to country: areas north of Lakeland including (but not necessarily limited to) Weipa, Cooktown, Bloomfield River, Rossville, Lockhart, Coen, Northern Peninsula Area (including Injinoo, Umagico, Bamaga, New Mapoon, and Seisia), Pormpuraaw, Mapoon, Hope Vale, Aurukun, Laura, and Kowanyama.
- The attached map highlights locations for connection to country along the Peninsula Development Road PDF.
For any additional information or assistance, please contact TMR Peninsula Developmental Road Scholarships team on 1800 184 317, or email PDRscholarships@tmr.qld.gov.au
Applications open on Friday 17th of July and close Friday 28th August 2020