RDATN is delivering the Lakeland Irrigation Area Detailed Business Case over the coming two years.
The project is investigating the viability of a dam on the Palmer River and the expansion of the existing irrigation zone to 8,000 Ha at Lakeland.
As Project Delivery Partner, SMEC is now calling for Cairns and FNQ based professional and operational services and drilling contractors to express interest in delivering packages of work to contribute to the business case. Respondents will be shortlisted to form a select tendering panel.
Responses should be limited to a one-page cover letter documenting your capability and capacity in Cairns/FNQ, a capability statement outlining relevant experience and the CVs of up to 2-3 key personnel.
Services required may include the following:
- Geotechnical drilling program that includes some minor civil works and requires the contractor to act as the Principal Contractor
- Economics package to meet BQ guidelines, with the provider needing to demonstrate significant agricultural development experience
- Professional, engineering and design services in the following disciplines:
o Seismic survey
o Water resource and flood modelling
o Water distribution system designo Hydrogeologyo Pump station design
o Power system designo Quantity surveying
o Transport infrastructure
o Communications and controls architecture
o Water quality analysis
- Environmental specialist services including air quality noise, vibration, aquatic & terrestrial ecology, waste, planning & permitting
- Helicopter hire
- Accommodation and meals supply in Lakeland
This EOI closes on 12 September 2020.
All enquiries should be directed to Mr Graeme Pollock, SMEC Project Director, on 0437 939 994 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Short briefs on project elements can be supplied to interested parties.
Submissions should be lodged by email to email@example.com with “EOI for LIADBC” in the subject line.