Applications are now open for Round 3…
Businesses with a primary production background in regional and rural Queensland are invited to submit an Expression of Interest for round three of the $10 million RED grant program.
Co-contribution grants of up to $250,000 are available for food and agricultural businesses to support ‘shovel-ready’ projects that create jobs for value added primary production and provide significant economic benefits to rural and regional communities.
An example of projects that may be eligible under the scheme include the development of new products or markets, or improved business processes where such investment creates employment. Such as:-
- implement new technologies and innovations that enhance productivity including technologies to improve internet connectivity, for example agri-tech products such as robotics or mobile apps
- add value to agricultural products, including developing new markets for value-added products
- assist with business development and expansion through provision of technical assistance, training and other activities
- assist businesses to achieve economies of scale by implementing collaborative business structures
- assist businesses to become investment and export ready
- improve energy use efficiencies, including transitioning to renewable energy sources.
For more information relating to eligible and ineligible project activities please read the guideline.