Providing community groups with grants of up to $12,500….
The Energy Efficient Communities Program – Community Energy Efficiency and Solar Grants 2020 provides community groups with grants up to $12,500 for energy efficient equipment, energy generation and storage systems, and energy audits.
- There will be a maximum of 2 projects funded per electorate, with the first 2 eligible projects funded.
- We will monitor the number of applications received from each electorate and ‘close electorates’ once we have received 6 applications per electorate.
- While only the first 2 eligible applications, based on time and date will be funded, we will allow up to 6 in the event there are any that are ineligible.
- An eligible application will not automatically be approved.
The objective of this grant opportunity is to support community organisations across Australia to:
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- improve energy efficient practices
- increase the uptake of energy efficient technologies
There is an estimated $3.8 million available for this grant opportunity and there’ll be a maximum of 2 projects funded per electorate.
- The maximum grant amount is $12,500
- The maximum project period is 12 months
You can use your grant for one or more of the following:
- design, supply and installation of new solar photovoltaic generator systems
- purchase and installation of new battery systems and battery storage systems
- purchase and installation of new solar hot water heaters or air source hot water heat pumps, to replace existing equipment
- purchase and installation of Light Emitting Diode (LED) lighting equipment or energy efficient lighting controls to replace existing equipment
- design, supply and installation of high efficiency split system air conditioning units to replace existing equipment energy audits
- energy audits
It is strongly recommended that your submission be lodged quickly for this competitive grant that has opened TODAY (2nd April 2020).