Support for displaced workers to upskill…
On the 12th April 2020, the Hon Dan Tehan MP, the Minister for Education and Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash, Minister for Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business, announced the Higher Education Relief Package.
The package will support workers displaced by the COVID-19 crisis to upskill or retrain, and support universities and other higher education providers to continue teaching.
Follow the links below for answers to frequently asked questions about the package and the full media release:
- Funding guarantee – the Government has guaranteed Commonwealth Grans Scheme payments
- Deferral of HELP recoveries – the Government will guarantee 2020 HELP advance payments
- Short online courses – a range of heavily subsidised short online courses to upskill or retrain jobseekers
- Loan fee exemption – some fees will be waived for six months (this measure is subjec to the passage of legislation)
- Regulatory fee relief – regulatory fee relief for education providers
- Changes in cost recovery arrangements- reduction of administrative pressure with regards to cost recovery