Opening 12 January 2021 | Closing 5 March 2021
The $1.04 billion Building Better Regions Fund (BBRF) supports the Australian Government’s commitment to:
- drive economic growth
- build stronger regional communities into the future.
BBRF – INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT STREAM
Supporting projects that provide economic and social benefits to regional and remote areas. The projects can be either construction of new infrastructure or the upgrade or extension of existing infrastructure. The Infrastructure Projects Stream only supports investment ready projects.
Tourism Related Infrastructure project funding – Key Points
- Round Five of the program incorporates $100 million towards tourism-related infrastructure projects
- when applying, you will be asked to indicate your intention to seek funding for your project from the tourism-related infrastructure projects funding pool
- you will be asked to demonstrate the impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on your region’s tourism industry (or the region that will benefit from your proposed project) and how your project will provide benefits to the tourism industry to assist in mitigating the impact from the COVID-19 pandemic
- you do not have to be a tourist organisation to apply for the tourism-related infrastructure funding.
BBRF – COMMUNITY INVESTMENTS STREAM
A fund for new or expanded local events, strategic regional plans, or leadership and capability strengthening activities that provide economic and social benefits to regional and remote areas.
For most projects grant funding will be up to either 50% or 75% of your eligible project costs. Your location will determine the percentage of grant funding you can receive.